Monday, September 5, 2011




The first image that I put up (of the flowers) stuck out to me because most people see that and think it beautiful an sweet-smelling. I on the other hand do see it as beautiful, but I also immediately think of my allergies. By putting a word with a negative connotation with this image, it would show the opposite of what people normally think, but what I think all the time when I see this.

With my second image, I noticed that cropping it different ways could have different effects. Cropping it on just the flames would give a sence of danger and cropping it on the woman would make it seem more calm.

I thought that both the mother and the daughter had unusual expressions for this scene, fo the right word could give this image an entirely different meaning. Also cropping it down to just one of them can have an interesting effect on the image.

This image really stood out to me because the center is so different from the two ends and that by removing the ends, or even potentially the middle, this picture can change dramatically.

With this image, I thought that it could have a different meaning if it were cropped. If cropped down to where the people are, it would give the image a warmer feeling, whereas if cropped to part of the stairs, it would make the image darker.

This image has a lot of different tings that can be done with cropping. It can be cropped down to the man in the woods to give a sence of isolation. It could be cropped to the moutains giving a sence of space. It could even be cropped to the crows to give an evil feeling.

When I saw this image, I chuckled because of the expression on the kid's face. If it was just cropped down to that, then there would be a lot of different words that could give this picture a funny meaning and take it away from being an ad.

No comments:

Post a Comment